- 课程范例 学分
This module develops critical digital knowledge and skills in digital concepts, leadership, teambuilding, capability and change planning and control to support the development of a digital technology solutions in businesses. It integrates leadership and e-leadership principles with a knowledge of digital technology and the practice of leading digital solution approaches and teams in a variety of leadership types at strategic level required by a business or consulting client. It provides appropriate capability and analysis tools and techniques to enable students to identify, manage and resolve digital leadership and supporting digital technology issues and enables the development of appropriate digital leadership approaches necessary to support digital business technology and related consulting situations.20
This module aims to teach the basic knowledge and techniques necessary for the design and modelling of enterprise architecture. It covers design, planning, implementation and governance of enterprise architecture to support a business strategy, using the Integrated Architecture Framework (IAF) as used by Capgemini. Workshops and practical case assessments based on real business examples enable students to use and develop their knowledge of enterprise architecture techniques and methods.
- The module involves up to 10 team-based workshops and practical case assessments
- Students tackle problems in order to use and develop their knowledge of enterprise architecture techniques and methods
- Students are assessed on their ability to apply the relevant techniques, their teamwork, presentation and consulting interaction capabilities
This module develops knowledge and skills in the use of consulting tools for enterprise modelling and analysis. It is taught in three key parts, which include frequent tutorials, examples and a case study developed in conjunction with Capgemini consultants. This three-part approach welds business and technology techniques with consulting methods to enable students to both identify and resolve current and future issues affecting organisations.
- Part 1 addresses the theory of consulting, consulting structure, generic consulting methods and tools
- Part 2 focuses on understanding and applying examples of specific framework tools and techniques, building on IRC and Capgemini developed methods
- Part 3 ‘consulting in practice’ involves case analysis and presentations by students to practicing consultants, applying relevant techniques to practical business-technology problems
- Students undertake a team-based case study relating to actual consulting practice, led by practising consultants
The aim of the consulting project is to enable students to apply the knowledge gained from the taught modules to real-life cases in a structured and systematic manner. Projects are available from a variety of external consultancies and businesses, and appropriately qualified students may suggest projects related to their own business or company.
- Mandatory one-day course – explains the content of the project and applicable research theory
- Based on a topic of their choice, students apply business technology consulting concepts to create a pragmatic, yet theoretically supported solution to a real consulting problem
- An academic supervisor and an industrial supervisor, if the project is with a consultancy or business, guide the student in terms of academic rigour and solution requirements respectively.
- The student specifies the business problem, its analysis and the development and synthesis of a solution based on the requirements of the industrial supervisor who owns the problem.
This module is concerned with using a holistic approach to investigate and improve business situations, with a view to developing feasible business solutions to the problem domain. It aims to provide students with the theory and practice of capturing and analysing business needs in relation to organisational contexts, business strategies, stakeholders, and business processes. Methods and techniques for articulation and evaluation of business needs will be introduced.
- Rationale for business analysis and requirements
- Organisational, social and cultural impacts on business domain analysis
- Strategy and stakeholder analysis
- Business systems analysis/modelling
- Business process analysis/modelling
- Managing change
- Making a business case
电话：+44 (0)118 378 8876
电话：+44 (0)118 378 5815